Chris Anderson, The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking
Headline, London 2016.
- There is no one way to give a great talk. Any attempt to apply a single set formula is likely to backfire.
- A key part of the appeal of a great talk is its freshness. We’re humans. We don’t like same old, same old.
- If your talk feels too similar to a talk someone has already heard, it is bound to have less impact.
- Your only real job in giving a talk is to have something valuable to say, and to say it authentically in your own way.
- Public speaking is the key to unlocking empathy, stirring excitement, sharing knowledge and insights, and promoting a shared dream.